David Jacques Memorial Scholarship
GFA Federal Credit Union will be awarding the David Jacques Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $500.00. Information regarding eligibility for the scholarship is listed below:
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2017-2018 academic year. Preference will be given to those pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, or business. Immediate family members of employees, officers, directors, supervisory committee member or anyone serving in an official capacity of the credit union are not qualified.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of GFA Federal Credit Union.
- Each applicant must complete a current scholarship application form and submit it with the other required material.
- Be sure to download and complete the 2017 David Jacques Memorial Scholarship Form.
The committee will select its scholarship winner evaluating each applicant on the same criteria: Essay, grades and extracurricular/community activities.
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received by the deadline in order for the application to qualify for consideration.
- Completed application form.
- A typewritten essay, (250 words or less) describing the value of being a member of a credit union vs. a bank.
- An academic transcript of grades.
Note: The deadline for application submission is April 1st, 2017. Scholarships awarded at GFA’s Annual Meeting. Recipients are encouraged to attend.
Mail to: GFA Federal Credit Union
Attention: Paul Fitzpatrick
229 Parker Street, PO Box 468
Gardner, MA 01440-0468
If you have any questions about the David Jacques Memorial Scholarship program, please contact Paul Fitzpatrick, Sr. Vice President GFA Financial Group (978) 632-2542 or email email@example.com.